Adult Role in Baseball Playing Success Tips
When parents ask me to make their son a major league player, I chuckle a little, before saying, “Only they can do that.” However, coaches and parents have a huge influence with helping players have baseball playing success and reaching their baseball potential. Playing more baseball, practicing the fundamentals, which leads to improvement are obvious things for reaching that potential.
Best Tips to Reach Baseball Playing Success
1. Bigger, stronger, and faster athletes advance the most – so many kids throw, swing the bat, and even have great hands for fielding, making them good baseball players. However, potential comes only when players maximize their athletic ability by reaching their genetic, physical capabilities. Changing slow twitch movements into fast twitch muscles is possible with modern training techniques. Adults should encourage ballplayers to become physically stronger and faster, starting at a young age.
2. Learning the correct fundamentals is essential – having players receive professional, fundamental instruction at an early age makes a huge difference. Early baseball playing success leads to desire, improvement, and love of the game, which are all necessary to reach potential. It always amazes me to see parents spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on travel teams and equipment, and spend little or nothing for professional help. Of course, finding a respected and experienced professional coach is necessary to avoid wasting that money.
3. Parents should do their best to learn some fundamental basics by talking to knowledgeable baseball coaches, so they can reinforce the basic baseball fundamentals. Of course, this reinforcement should be at the correct times (less stressful times). Attending any instructional clinics, team practices or individual lessons, as well as talking to the player’s coaches, can all help with this positive reinforcement. Having fundamental tips for kids, as opposed to questioning their mental abilities to play, is always best at struggling, baseball playing times.
4. Make sure players have enough rest between practices and games, including time away from the sport in the off-season, and time with friends away from the field are all crucial for maintaining playing sharpness and the hunger for baseball playing.
5. Finding coaches that make the game fun and challenging goes a long way to keeping kids fascinated with the game. Challenge leads to improvement and fun leads to work ethic, both crucial to reaching one’s potential.
Finally, learning the finer points of game strategy is also necessary to becoming the best they can be and also leads to baseball playing success.