“Gang, we are not leaving here today before I answer three questions.” One of the most difficult things for sports coaches is to get players to ask questions. The thing is there is no way players understand everything coaches teach but they act as though they do by never asking. A good learning environment must be two sided so from day one coaches must help and eventually insist players ask questions. Sports coaches must also insist that no question is to basic to ask.
About Jack Perconte
After playing major league baseball, Jack Perconte has taught baseball and softball since 1988 and offered valuable coaching training too. He has helped numerous youth players reach their potential, as well as having helped parents and coaches navigate their way through the challenging world of youth sports. Jack is one of the leading authorities in the areas of youth baseball training and coaching training advice.
- Baseball Coaching – Tips on Coaching Youth and College Baseball and the Shoes Coaches Need to Fill in their Jobs as Coaches
- Professional Hitting Coach [How to Excel at It]
- Practice Plans for Baseball [Coaching the Right Way]
- Baseball Off Season Training – Infographic
- Cut Fastball and Split Finger Fastball are Not for Kids – 365 Days to Better Baseball