White Sox, The Cubs, College and high school baseball. Nothing is off limits with long time baseball coaches Jack Perconte, former big league second baseman and Sam Zagorac, owner of Diamond Edge Academy, Willowbrook IL. This episode was taped in the spring of 2016 when it looked like both the Chicago White Sox, one of Jack’s former teams, and the Chicago Cubs were going to contend for the World Series. We all know how that ended up. Anyway…
We welcome all questions baseball or softball. Please email them to Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Sam at email@example.com
In this episode, Jack and Sam answer and discuss these questions:
- The benefits of long toss?
- Whether kids need to throw more or less?
- What are the things you like to point out to young ballplayers when watching a major league ball game?
- What parent actions drive you nuts?
5. Do you teach softball hitting differently than baseball hitting?6. What are the 3 most important tips for youth baseball coaches for having effective practices?7. For the 8, 9, 10, 11 year old levels, besides pitching, what positions are most important to the team defense?