Do you want to make sure you’re educating your young pitchers and catchers the right way? Join Former Major Leaguer Jack Perconte, Sam Zagurac owner of Diamond Edge Academy, Longtime pitching coach Marty Kobernus and expert catching coach Sean Osborne as they share over 80 years of baseball coaching experience in part 2 of this two-part series. Part one here. In this episode of Something Worth Catching, the guys share their views on coaching pitching, catching, and other things that will help youth coaches and parents in their players’ baseball development.
In this session of Something Worth Catching the baseball coaches answer and discuss the following things:
- At what age do you recommend young ballplayers start throwing a curve ball?
- What are the biggest in-game coaching mistakes you see from inexperienced baseball and softball coaches?
- What is the best advice you can give to youth baseball and sports coaches?
- Which major league hitter do you want up to bat with the game on the line?
- What are some of the complaints you get from your players’ parents and what do you do about them?
- What is your favorite baseball movie?
Along with some great answers and discussion of the above, the podcast ends as always with a motivational story that is worth the price (free) of listening to itself. Jack’s latest book, Creating a Season to Remember will be out on July 17th. It will give youth sports coaches of any sport all the information they need to make a positive difference in the lives of their players, the players’ parents and themselves. Preorder has begun at a fantastic price at Amazon.com. For more info click here.
Jack Perconte has dedicated his post-major league baseball career to helping youth. He has taught baseball and softball for the past 27 years. His playing, coaching and parenting stories create better experiences for athletes and parents. Jack has written over a thousand articles on coaching baseball and youth sports. Jack is the author of “The Making of a Hitter” and “Raising an Athlete.” His third book “Creating a Season to Remember” is in the works. Jack is a featured writer for Baseball the Magazine. You can also find Jack Perconte on YouTube with over 80 fun and innovative baseball instructional videos.