The Power of Positive Coaching
Today’s story at the end of this podcast has a great message for coaches of all levels and attests to the importance of positive coaching. So many coaches become cynical and take the joy out of the game for the players. This story is about one of those negative coaches. Fortunately, this coach received the necesary wake-up call in time to put the fun back in the game for the players, as fun is the nimber one reason kids play sports.
In this episode of Something Worth Catching with former major league player, Jack Perconte, and Sam Zagorac, the owner of the Diamond Edge Academy in Willowbrook, IL. they answer the following questions:
- What is the hardest thing to teach young ballplayers when it comes to hitting a baseball?
- Why couldn’t the Cubs outfielder Jason Heyward make the necessary alterations to his baseball swing last season to be a productive hitter?
- What suggestions do Jack and Sam have to make travel baseball better?
- What is the best advice to give parents for their son’s or daughter’s training for the up-coming season?
- What are some of the best indoor fielding tips for coaches to try?
- What are some of the keys for coaching beginners in the game of baseball